Hacker Factor Solutions provides whitepapers and journal articles.
Most documents are created and provided privately to customers.
The following list represents a sample of documents created by
Hacker Factor Solutions and released publicly.
The copyrights for these documents have been transfered to their respective
- A Picture's Worth: Digital Image Analysis and Forensics. Dr. Neal Krawetz, Hacker Factor Solutions, August 2007. Presented at the Black Hat Briefings 2007.
- Point-of-Sale Vulnerabilities.
Dr. Neal Krawetz, Hacker Factor Solutions, August 2007.
Originally provided as a limited distribution document in April 2006, this
document describes fundamental flaws in the point-of-sale architecture for
credit card processing.
Following the limited release of this paper, Visa USA Inc. released
three Data Security Alerts that cover some of the issues raised in this
paper and includes questions similar to the ones found at the end of the
Copies of the alerts are available from Chase Paymentech:
These alerts do not cover all of the vulnerabilities discussed in
- Who is "n3td3v"?. Hacker Factor Solutions, October 2006.
- A Guide to Building Secure Web Applications and Web Services. Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), June 2005. Dr. Krawetz from Hacker Factor assisted with the document and wrote a section for the document.
- Anti-Phishing: Page Encoding.
Hacker Factor, April 2005.